[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime queries

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri May 22 16:16:59 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 1:54 AM, James Miller <gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org> wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, had I gotten the DTA I was offered at the TWC store,
> would anything have gone differently

Well, yes, and no.  There is a new model of the DTA being offered
in some markets without RF output, but most DTAs output NTSC
(ch 3 or 4 usually can be selected) so that your existing NTSC recorders
could (in theory) work.  Of course you then need an IR blaster to
change the channels on the DTAs.  There are lots of old(er) threads
regarding using the DTAs this way when they were first made
available.

While still limited to NTSC Standard Definition, you can likely get
more of your channels.