[mythtv-users] What's the deal with Kodi?

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Wed May 20 20:57:21 UTC 2015

On 05/20/2015 01:46 PM, Michael Wisniewski wrote:
> Peter,
>
> If you don't mind me asking, how much total are you saving on your
> comcast bill by using myth?  With using the comcast DTA's, did that
> include a DVR function, or was that extra?
>
> I switched from DirecTV to Comcast with Myth.  DTV was about 100 to
> 110/month with 2 receivers and a DVR.  I didn't even bother going the
> cable box route with Comcast because I knew I could do it with myth
> for a lot less.  I just wonder how much less and how much I'm saving.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

There is a credit of $2.50 per month for using my own equipment instead
of their cable box. I used to pay $2.99 per month for each DTA, which I
no longer pay (the DTA is the small credit card sized cable box). Also I
no longer pay the "HD Technology fee" of $9.95 per month.
So My personal savings are:
3 DTA's at $2.99 per month: $8.97
HD Technology Fee: $9.95
Own Equipment credit: $2.50
Total savings : $21.42 per month
If you have additional cable boxes your savings may be more.

Peter