[mythtv-users] Cheap frontend for HD

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Wed May 20 20:43:01 UTC 2015

On 05/20/2015 03:42 PM, Gordon McCrae wrote:
> Was this a while ago that you had to compile? Perhaps it was simply an
> issue with your chosen disto, we all get that sometimes. I use
> OpenSUSE 13.2 and the standard RPMs had everything I needed.
> Similarly, on Android it was just a case of downloading the .apk and
> installing that, no need to root anything.

This was a two or three months ago - my distro is "raspbian" which is
the raspberry Pi version of Debian, and the version of Kodi on there
simply did not work with the mythtv pvr plugin that was there. I located
other repositories that were recommended but there were library issues
such as this:
ERROR: Unable to load /home/pi/.kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/pvr.mythtv.so,
reason: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by
/home/pi/.kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/pvr.mythtv.so)
This seems to be a compatibility problem between the library version
installed in Linux and the version the application was compiled under.
There are other distributions "OSMC" and "Openelec", which are appliance
load and go types of solutions, these work better but I prefer to have
control over the system and these are rather opaque in how they are set up.

Also there is a bug in Kodi with the remote I am using and Raspberry pi
- I made a source patch to get around that - I have logged a Kodi bug
and supplied the patch, but nobody seems to be taking any action about
fixing the upstream source.

Peter