[mythtv-users] Cheap frontend for HD

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Wed May 20 15:01:19 UTC 2015

>  Interesting, does the RP2 deal with MPEG-2 OK (I have Freeview DVB
> files), and does it have support for 4K?
>
> I'm particularly interested in why it's easier to manage the KODI menus,
> network connections etc in Linux than in Android, as I plan to implement
> KODI on my REVOs which are Linux based. I was under the impression that the
> menus and network stuff in KODI was all done within either the config file
> or in KODI itself, at least that's how I've done it.
>
> As a Unix admin of over 30 years, I didn't find it any easier to setup in
> Linux than in Android, and the web browsing in Android is many times faster
> than under Linux on my REVOs. The other advantage I've found with Android
> devices is that you can easily get apps for things like Netflix, BBC
> iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD, etc etc which simply aren't available on Linux
> unfortunately.
>
> Cheers
> Gordon

Another Kodi/myth user but I have several things that I use for frontends
from thin client based setups to self built.  The only thing I have been
struggling with is de-interlacing some of the OTA content, Kodi doesn't
appear to give you all of the options vs myth and I still have't found one
that I am happy with on my non-accelerated machine.

Does the pi handle de-interlacing content?