[mythtv-users] USB-Live2 won't work in myth, options for STB capture?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed May 20 06:43:08 UTC 2015

> On 19 May 2015 at 07:47, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>> Been trying for days to get a USB-Live2 to work with myth but although I
>> can get video from it with vlc and mplayer, not heard any sound yet
>> (although pulseaudio creates a new input.
>>
>> Nothing happening in myth although mythtv-setup probes it OK it doesn't
>> seem to know what sort of card it is (PVR150/mjpeg capture etc) and no
>> sign of anything sensible in the audio selection.
>
> This blog post might be helpful:
>
> http://random0musings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/video-capture-with-hauppauge-usb-live2.html
>
> The device is an analog framegrabber (so does not provide a usable
> MPEG-2 stream off the device, AFAICT) so would need to be configured
> as such in mythtv-setup. The blog post should help you find which
> audio device to use.

Didn't realise it was a framegrabber - that being the case I won't bother
with it.

Looks like whilst I'm looking for a more permanent solution I could use
the failing HVR2200 in an old PC and set it up as a slave backend. At
least then I don't have to reboot the main server all the time.

More reading...

--
Robin Gilks