[mythtv-users] Cheap frontend for HD

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Tue May 19 13:26:52 UTC 2015

On 19/05/15 14:11, Josu Lazkano wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> One of my frontend crash last night. It was a Nvidia ION device, it
> use to work quiet good.
>
> For other frobtend I am using ECS Liva, and it works well too. It is
> cheaper than a Nvidia ION.
>
> Anyone could recomend any other hardware to use as frontend.
>
> What about Raspberry Pi 2? Or CubieBoard?
>
> I will appreciate your help.
>
> Best regards.
>
> --
> Josu Lazkano

Really depends on want you want the frontend to do, is it more than just
watching Live TV, recordings videos, listening to music ?

Raspberry pi 2 works great using Kodi  as the front end to mythtv
backend (0.27 and 0.28pre), with the pvr.mythtv addon to Kodi.

Pi 2 has builtin CEC over hdmi so you can just use the TV remote to
control Kodi, assuming your TV has CEC.

Mike