[mythtv-users] USB-Live2 won't work in myth, options for STB capture?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue May 19 10:42:13 UTC 2015

> On 19 May 2015 at 07:47, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>> Been trying for days to get a USB-Live2 to work with myth but although I
>> can get video from it with vlc and mplayer, not heard any sound yet
>> (although pulseaudio creates a new input.
>>
>> Nothing happening in myth although mythtv-setup probes it OK it doesn't
>> seem to know what sort of card it is (PVR150/mjpeg capture etc) and no
>> sign of anything sensible in the audio selection.
>>
>> Looks like my $60 is a write-off so I've got to find another way of
>> getting connectivity from my satellite STB since my old HVR2200 has just
>> about died.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> HVR-1950 (USB, MPEG-2) or an actual DVB-S/S2 tuner?

I use the svideo analog connection into the HVR2200 - not sure if being an
a PAL country matters for the non-DVB-T part of the card. The card
requires a hardware power cycle every few days hence looking for new
options that don't require shutting down the whole main house server.

I'd get another HVR2200 but they are like rocking horse manure these days
and the 2210/2215 don't have linux analog drivers (even the 2200 I had to
patch the kernel myself!). There is also the cost - NZ$230 and that's
likely to be a grey import.

--
Robin Gilks