[mythtv-users] Wrong Channel when recording?

Roger Martensson roger.martensson at gmail.com
Thu May 14 15:09:00 UTC 2015

Den 14 maj 2015 14:59 skrev "Hika van den Hoven" <hikavdh at gmail.com>:

> > > These two channels seem to be on different muxes.  At least I think so
> > since they have different mplexids. (Different mplexids with different
> > frequencies. SD is qam64 and HD is qam256. Etc etc)
> > This is all on DVB-C. So I'm not sure it is the same as #12342 which is
> > about switching between DVB-T and T2.
>
> > I have a small database dump in a another letter in this thread.
>
> > If I have these channels as two separate channels (Different channum and
> > callsign) they tune correctly and the HD records in HD as expected.
> > But when combined with same channum and same callsign it doesn't record
HD
> > even if it says so in the log. To my knowledge)
>
> > The different channels also has different xml feeds where the HD imports
> > the quality element that marks a program as HD.
>
> So then now it's doing what you want!? I thing using the same channum
> wouldn't matter, as this is only used for displaying/ordering in the
> guide. So as I suspected it's having different callsigns, although I
> do not know exactly where it's used. I thought it was mainly a
> provider thing.

No. That's not what I'm saying.

If i take these two channels and put different call signs and channum then
it works.
But what I would like to have is just one channel showing up in the guide.
And leave up to the recording priority to choose between SD and HD or
whenever I say it should be HD.

So today I have same channum and same callsign.  It looks as it is
selecting the HD channel but when watching the recording it has recorded
from the SD channel.