[mythtv-users] Wrong Channel when recording?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed May 13 20:16:17 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Roger Mårtensson
<roger.martensson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Daryl McDonald skrev den 2015-05-13 21:42:
>>> Maybe the two channels need to be separated and given unique/appropriate
>> xmlid'
>>
> Thats what I'm hoping I wouldn't need to do.
> At the moment I have in the database same channum, callsign but different
> name for the Channel. This makes it possible to have two different
> xmltv-ids. It sure looks like it is choosing the HD-channel but it is not
> using it when recording.
>
> So what I want to know if this is a case that is supported or do I have to
> split up the channels.

What I did is that I just deleted all the SD channels that have an HD
equivalent.  I'm not aware of any cases where different content was
actually being displayed on these channels, and it was simpler to just
delete the one I didn't want.  It's fewer entries in the table, fewer
listings to pull down, and it's not even possible for it to record on
the SD channel any longer so I never end up with an accidental SD
recording.

Eric