[mythtv-users] How to Prevent Freeze When Starting Playback

Tom Wheeler tomwheel at gmail.com
Wed May 13 14:48:58 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 9:29 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
wrote:

> Actually, it was "displayed" before, but your screen didn't update to
> actually show it.
>
>  I can dismiss it by hitting "Exit" on the remote, though if anyone knows
>> a way to suppress it from being shown in the first place, I'd be grateful.
>>

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/577377#577377

Thanks! I had set up a couple of playback groups along the way, only
because I had confused them with recording groups. I didn't need the
playback groups at all, so I deleted them just now. The message is indeed
gone.

Also, while testing that, I found that the delay is now significantly
reduced. I started up 10 or 11 programs and saw delays in the 2-5 second
range, rather than the 15-45 seconds I had been seeing.

I'll switch the paint mode from QT to Auto on the remote frontend and see
if the performance similarly improves.

Thank you all so much for your help!