[mythtv-users] Frontend Hardware

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed May 13 07:08:30 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 5:33 PM, Anthony Giggins
<seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:
> Can I please get some input on the following devices?
>
> a used ZOTAC ZBOX DVD ID31 roughly AU$219 + AU$21.55 delivery
> with 4GB RAM & 320GB HDD, Nvidia ION
>
> or
> Intel Compute Stick with Linux AU$159 + AU$10 delivery
> with 1GB RAM and 8GB eMMC, Intel HD Graphics
>
> Cheers,
> Anthony,

IMHO Ion takes a lot of beating. Also:

Beware of likely audio driver issues on the compute stick.
Beware of potential overheating on the compute stick.

Also if you can get a Asus Chromebox at a good price, it is pretty
darn good. You can replace or dual boot the ChromeOS. I have 2 running
kodi as media players and myth frontends (via the kodi pvr.mythtv
addon) and they are great. But you can install any linux, so mythbuntu
would set it up as a nice mythfrontend.

Instructions for installing foreign OSes here http://kodi.wiki/view/Chromebox