[mythtv-users] 0 byte recordings with HD-PVR and Myth 0.28 on Ubuntu 14.04.2

Fred Hamilton fred at yonkitime.com
Wed May 13 06:52:18 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 9:16 PM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:

> When you tried the new unit, did you use its power supply or did you
> continue to use the old one? I believe that is the most common failure
> point for these devices.

I used the new power supply.  I don't think it's the power supply (or the
HD-PVR hardware) since "cat /dev/video0 > temp.ts" consistently gives me a
perfect video file.

But you're right about the power supply being a problem.  My original one
petered out a few years ago - was getting glitchier and glitchier video and
0 byte recordings.  I replaced it with a high quality 5V / 2A supply and my
HD-PVR worked fine after that (until this recent problem)...