[mythtv-users] mysql filling up hard drive

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun May 10 17:22:22 UTC 2015

On 05/08/2015 06:05 PM, Scott Moncrieff wrote:
> I don't know why I didn't look before but I just looked in Manage
> Recording Rules and it is full of 'Record All     Breakfast
>  News...' rules. I don't know how many but was holding 'page down' for
> a good couple of minutes and still did not get past them. Too many to
> delete manually I suspect. Would this be a likely cause! How can I get
> rid of them without setting aside a couple of day deleting them one at
> a time?

Since I'm pretty sure that you didn't create 23.5k recording rules for
that show, it sounds like you may have an open/unsecured MythWeb
installation where a bot or miscreant or something got in there and
created the rules for you.  If so, you need to fix that before something
else does something really bad to your system.

Mike