[mythtv-users] mysql filling up hard drive

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri May 8 20:00:26 UTC 2015

On 05/08/2015 01:00 PM, Scott Moncrieff wrote:
 > Backend terminal output is here:  http://pastebin.com/yjQtZwCa
>
> I have cut out the middle of large sections of similar data for clarity but
> the drive starts to fill up after the line:
>
> GetPlaybackURL/UNABLE/TO/FIND/LOCAL/FILE/ON/MythtvServer/9703_20150222193800.mpg.
> File doesn't exist.  Database metadata will not be removed.
>
> Once the drive has filled up and then the temp files removed, the DB Error
> line appears followed by HouseKeeperTask 'DBCleanup' Finished successfully.
>
> I am afraid I am one of the Mythtv 'users' so a bit out of my depth trying
> to work out how to solve this.

The ...UNABLE/TO/FIND/LOCAL/FILE/ON... messages tell you the metadata is
left place, so I don't know why they'd cause /tmp to fill up.

On the other hand, this error:

    2015-05-08 18:21:34.006183 E  DB Error (AddNewRecords):

fires when trying to add scheduled items.

Any chance you've recently added a custom recording rule that's
doing more than you really wanted? Like add every program known
to your schedule. As you can see in your latest log snippet, the
SQL is huge. If you use the previous --setverbose and also did:

     mythbackend --setloglevel debug

I recall that you'd get the actual data being added and may find
it easier to track down an offending rule.

--
Bill