[mythtv-users] mysql filling up hard drive

stinga stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com
Fri May 8 07:46:17 UTC 2015

On 08/05/15 08:16, Scott Moncrieff wrote:
> Whilst the drive is filling up, /tmp has a folder ssh-P5Nw6CXpmdb
> which contains a single file - agent.1506
>
> It is this file which has zero bytes and then grows to fill the drive.
>
> On 8 May 2015 at 07:55, Scott Moncrieff <scottcmoncrieff at gmail.com
> <mailto:scottcmoncrieff at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Thank you, I will explore all of this but unfortunately not until
>     after work tonight!
>
>     The drive is not partitioned, the system runs on a 128gb SSD,10.2
>     gb used now I have restored an older system backup and I have 4 x
>     3TB drives, 1 for recordings and 1 for Video library and the other
>     2 are backups updated using rsync.
>
>     I have optimised the database tables again (did it last night as well)
>
>     From the log it looks like it has been doing this for most of the
>     night but has been stable for the last 20 minutes at least, drive
>     just starting to fill up now. du shows that it is /tmp/ that is
>     filling up but will investigate more tonight.

/tmp space is filling up.
mysql writes tmp tables to /tmp by default, if you have very little
space left, mysql will fill the disk, crash the query session, which
releases the space. Rinse and repeat.

If you have another mount point with space, you can try altering the
tmpdir var in my.cnf and restarting mysql.

Or free some space on /.

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com  o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\