[mythtv-users] mysql filling up hard drive

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu May 7 23:36:51 UTC 2015

On 8 May 2015 at 00:08, Scott Moncrieff <scottcmoncrieff at gmail.com> wrote:
> I managed to get some of the log files off but I am not sure where to start.
> The backend is just showing a large number of autoexipre messages followed
> by file missing errors.
>
> mysql error log
> http://pastebin.com/QYBVSQgS
>
> backend
> http://pastebin.com/9ncw4MHL

Couple of ideas:

i) See https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mysql for details on fixing crashed
tables in the database (once MBE is disabled). You want to start with
a healthy database.

ii) Check your filesystems to see if any are actually full (esp /var
and /tmp). You don't say how your SSD is partitioned, so it's not
clear which partition is getting 99% full. It could be that /tmp is
filling with temporary tables whilst the scheduler is running and then
cleaning up again.

You can monitor realtime usage of /tmp (or any other dir) using
$ du -hs /tmp/

If you run this command in another terminal (alongside Bill's logfile
suggestion) whilst mythbackend restarts, you might get to see where
the free space is being used.

Cheers,
Nick