[mythtv-users] better scheduling options through MythWeb?

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu May 7 16:13:49 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 8:15 AM, Dick Steffens <dick at dicksteffens.com> wrote:

>>> For me, the answer would be yes.
>>
>> I've always scheduled through mythweb, so much easier to do then using a
>> remote.  It's my preferred method, so I have very little experience with
>> using mythfrontend for scheduling.
>>
>> Doug
>>

> I, too, always program with MythWeb. When I first began using MythTV a
> year and a few months ago, I wasn't aware of MythWeb, and did programming
> through the front end. MythWeb is far more convenient. I'm hoping the new
> web server will be as convenient. I'm not inclined to upgrade to version
> 0.28 until I've heard some experiences from braver folk.

Another here, too. I like Mythweb because everything's on one page, no
poking through multiple menus to find what I need. By the way, the frontend
has all the same options as Mythweb (maybe more?), but they may not be
obvious to you. One key thing to look for is Filters (under Schedule
Options I think).

One quirk that I observed with Mythweb--if you enable a filter that doesn't
match the selected program and then save it, it will refresh with "Do not
record this program" and it will look like it failed, but there is actually
a recording rule created for it. For example, I mark our subscribed premium
channels as Commercial Free, and when I see a listing for a movie that I
want to record, I'll create a rule for it and select the "Commercial Free"
filter. However, if the program I clicked on to create the rule is NOT on a
Commercial Free channel, then it will refresh the program and look like it
didn't save my changes (I've ended up with multiple duplicate recording
rules because I kept trying different things until I realized what was
going on). It's probably a small bug in Mythweb where saving a rule should
redirect to show the rule, not the program.

Karl