[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup --- Does a CLI Exist?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 7 15:15:21 UTC 2015

On 05/07/2015 09:30 AM, George Nassas wrote:
> On May 7, 2015, at 8:46 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>
>> in a not-direct-rendered X server started by VNC
>
> I’m not familiar with this, how do I start such a thing? I generally
> run x11vnc to mirror the main mythfrontend display but sometimes it
> would be handy to have a separate frontend.

The command to run depends on your VNC implementation, but it's usually
called vncserver (at least with tigervnc, realvnc, and tightvnc). It
starts the Xvnc server (where Xvnc is the actual command, but vncserver
specifies the appropriate options and starts a window manager on the VNC
desktop for you to make things easier).

Mike