[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup --- Does a CLI Exist?

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Thu May 7 00:35:50 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> X11 over any latency sucks.  Vnc (also over ssh) is faster
> in many cases.

X11 has another intrinsic issue with latency: Round-trip times for the
very chatty X protocol.. "nx", forked into 'x2go' is what I use for a
lot of remote gui work. It's quite good at keeping this latency issue
in-check and caches pixmaps, etc. It proxies a lot of common
round-trip-requiring responses so there are far fewer full round-trips
to the server and back, which is immensely important as latency
increases.

VNC with jpeg compression over ssh is my favorite for very very low
bandwidth however as it simply redraws images as the remote end
changes, with varying quality/framerate/codec as it wishes.

My $0.02 for this particular tangent of this topic...

Mike