[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup --- Does a CLI Exist?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed May 6 21:37:23 UTC 2015

Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:

> In this case, both sides are 30mbit down and 1mbit up.
>
> It's the 1mbit up that really hurts.

I'll say, can't see how you could run anything with only 1 milli bps ;-) Did you mean Mbps ?

I've run remote X sessions over much slower links and found the performance quite acceptable. Until relatively recently, ADSL round here was mostly only 440kbps up - and I've certainly run mythtv-setup over that (working from work, using home ADSL with 440k uplink).

Sure beats doing remote work to a Mac with screen sharing (which is basically VNC).

X is very efficient - unless the UI uses lots of bitmaps for objects, then all that's passed are instructions on what to draw where, not passing huge bitmaps like VNC.