[mythtv-users] OT: Mythbuntu 12 after long power outage, keyboard multimedia buttons ignored

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Tue May 5 02:14:24 UTC 2015

G'day,

We had a ~7day power outage recently (due to quite violent tropical storms)

When the mythbox came back online, the bluetooth(ish) Logitech diNovo Mini
keyboard had lost it pairing.
I plugged in a normal 105-key USB keyboard temporarily.

Under windows, I managed to re-pair the keyboard + dongle.  This step is
typical for the diNovo Mini.

Under the (gnome?) config page, I re-set the keyboard type to "Logitech diNovo".

The base keyboard now works fine, except that *none* of the multimedia keys
along the top row work.

Reading over web pages, I ran various programs, including my own xmodmap
config file.
But nothing worked.

Even 'xev' failed to show any events for pushing the buttons (nor
shift-media buttons, etc.)

I just don't get it.  2 weeks ago it was working perfectly.

Any ideas?

Hmmm... i just thought, maybe it *is* the keyboard, and the power outage is
a coincidence.

thanks,
-kt