[mythtv-users] Command Line Channel Scan

jim jim_32766 at hotmail.com
Mon May 4 22:13:07 UTC 2015

Using information from the mythtv.org wiki I have attempted to run a
channel scan from the command line, and have had no success. Even the
simple mythtv-setup --scan command does not function. According to the
wiki that simple command should reveal IDs for the available tuners.

When I stop the backend and run the command two events occur. There is a
transient window, that I cannot read due to the speed at which if
flashes by, followed by the normal prompt to start the backend. When I
try to run the command without stopping the backend a prompt appears
indicating that the backend must be stopped before continuing. Neither
work.

Does anyone know the right way to initiate the channel scan from the
command line? Thanks.