[mythtv-users] SGweightPerDir Question

dennis deg at outlook.com
Sun May 3 16:50:56 UTC 2015

I'm trying to set up my system so it will record to secondary drive,
only if it is already recording something  to my primary drive.

I have been experimenting with setting the SGweightPerDir in the
settings, but it doesn't seem to be working.

This is my drive

Primary Drive -  Mounted as /data - Local 1TB standard drive
-  /data/mythtv/recordings
-  /data/mythtv/livetv

Secondary Drive - Mounted as /home  - Local 100GB SSD partition  ( only
want to use if primary is already recording or being used by livetv )
-  /home/mythtv/recordings
-  /home/mythtv/livetv

I have the following set:

mysql> select * from settings where value like "%weightper%";
+---------------------------------------------+------+----------+
| value                                       | data | hostname |
+---------------------------------------------+------+----------+
| SGweightPerDir:htpc:/home/mythtv/recordings | 6    | htpc     |
| SGweightPerDir:htpc:/home/mythtv/livetv     | 6    | htpc     |

 From what I understand,  mythtv should be using the lowest weight drive
and defaults to 0, so the primary drive should be chosen first ( since
the directories on the secondary drive are starting at greater that 0 ).

Even with this set like this,  the recordings and livetv both seem to be
randomly distributed between the drives even with only one recording.

Is anybody else doing something like this,  and help point out what I am
doing wrong?  I have it set up to use 'balanced disk i/o'.

Thanks,
Dennis