[mythtv-users] Nearly ready for major upgrade

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Mar 31 15:45:57 UTC 2015

On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:19:32 +0100, you wrote:

>OK, I'm going from Ubuntu 9.10 with mythtv 0.22 to 14.04 with 0.27 -
>quite a leap!
>
>I've got my new backend and frontend built and working, so the plan is
>
>1) Get my remote working on FE and do enough other setup to prove that
>it's all reliable. Test thoroughly.
>
>2) Move across all content and the mysql database as for upgrading.
>This bit scares me, but if it goes wrong, I can just vape and try
>again.
>
>3) Clone FE hard disk onto another FE, change host name and identifier,
>and get this one going.
>
>4)Rinse, repeat, and go live!
>
>Regards stage 3, I previously used to use a script called
>"mythfrontendprofiledup" to clone the setup of one FE onto another.
>What's the modern equivalent?
>
>Thanks

Isn't 0.22 too old to automatically upgrade to 0.27 directly?  I think
you need to upgrade the database in two stages, using an older MythTV
version for the first upgrade.  I think this has been discussed
earlier on the list, and people were doing an install of the older
version in a virtual machine and upgrading the database there before
doing the final upgrade on the new physical machine with 0.27.