[mythtv-users] Need to update kernel because of PCTV 292e stick .. help

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Mar 31 09:18:16 UTC 2015

On 31/03/15 09:36, Damian wrote:

> On 31/03/2015 09:19, John Pilkington wrote:

>>> Thanks Mark, John and Andre,
>>>
>>> I'm about to go away for a few days, but that's the perfect feedback to
>>> get me started when I get back!!
>>>
>>> Thanks again,
>>> Damian
>>
>> I used the "Anyone wishing to opt into the hardware enablement stack
>> for Trusty" incantation last night, from my existing 14.04 setup.  It
>> took a few minutes and all seems well (using 290e).
>>
>> John
> That's encouraging, thanks John!
>
> Is it simply a matter of copying and pasting this into the terminal? ...
>
> sudo apt-get install --install-recommends linux-generic-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-lts-utopic libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-utopic
> libegl1-mesa-drivers-lts-utopic
>
> Damian

Hmm.  I'm on my other (SL7) box now, but I'm looking at something
slightly different:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TrustyTahr/ReleaseNotes#LTS_Hardware_Enablement_Stack

sudo apt-get install linux-generic-lts-utopic xserver-xorg-lts-utopic
libegl1-mesa-drivers-lts-utopic xserver-xorg-video-all-lts-utopic
xserver-xorg-input-all-lts-utopic

... and I *think* that's the one I used :-)  It's perhaps later.

I'm not really familiar with the subtleties of things *buntu at present.

John