[mythtv-users] USB DVB-T2 tuners

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Sun Mar 29 16:55:36 UTC 2015

On 29/03/2015 08:59, Ian Oliver wrote:
> In article <55154475.9040203 at tesco.net>, John Pilkington wrote:
>> Like Mike, I have HD available but rarely use it; partly because SD goes
>> easily onto DVD, but for most of my stuff the difference seems small and
>> the files are bigger.  I wonder if the most significant difference is
>> multi-channel sound.  I have good stereo when I want it.
> Hmmm, moving stuff onto DVD is a good point, as my wife does this for
> people fairly often. I guess we'll maybe keep using SD for most stuff and
> just go for HD for things where it will make a difference.
How do you (or your wife) but programs on DVD Ian? The last time I tried
that (which was admittedly a long time ago), it was a horrible
experience and didn't result in a DVD.

I'm also interested to know the best way to simply export a program to a
more standard video format.

This is a bit of a tangent to the topic though. Sorry.

Cheers,
Damian