[mythtv-users] Time to move to an HDMI stick for FEs?

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Fri Mar 27 16:33:54 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 3:15 AM Damian <myth at surr.co.uk> wrote:

> On 27/03/2015 03:43, Kris Jensen wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 12:17 PM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com
> > <mailto:thomas at mashos.com>> wrote:
> >

> >     Just wondering how the others that are working on this are faring.
> >
> >     For reference, this is the stick I'm talking about (I have the
> >     black one)
> >     http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sell-Mini-PC-with-both-
> Android-Windows-8-system/2044898752.html
> >
> Is this for real!?!
>
> It looks ridiculous!
>
> A full computer on a USB stick!?!
>
> What are the specs? Should I be considering one of these instead of an
> ECS Liva system for my new main MythBuntu frontend?
>
> Thanks
> Damian

I've gotten it to boot semi-successfully, however I've run into two
problems.

1) Anytime I try to boot anything but the installed windows (EFI shell, USB
ubuntu stick) it will auto-arrow key up repeatedly. I've tried different
settings to resolve this in the BIOS (and different keyboards) but nothing
seems to work. Until I fix this, point two is moot.

2) Ubuntu fails to boot and complains the NTFS partition is either in a
inconsistent state or is in hibernation. I've not looked at this too much
since it's kinda pointless to do so without fixing #1.

To answer your question though, it's got 2GB and a 1.3 Ghz quad core x86-64
capable processor.