[mythtv-users] USB DVB-T2 tuners

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Mar 27 11:52:21 UTC 2015

On 27/03/15 11:25, Ian Oliver wrote:
> In article <5514521F.6060608 at randomtraveller.org.uk>, Mike Perkins wrote:
>> If anyone wants to record HD, they just scroll down and choose from the HD
>> channels
>
> Ah, so users still see BBC1 SD in the list as well as BBC1 HD? I was
> wondering whether to remove the SD channels and perhaps renumber the HD ones
> into the gap?

Like Mike, I have HD available but rarely use it; partly because SD goes
easily onto DVD, but for most of my stuff the difference seems small and
the files are bigger.  I wonder if the most significant difference is
multi-channel sound.  I have good stereo when I want it.

Of course a visit to John Lewis TV depts gives the impression that n-one
buys anything but 4K these days, and I have been impressed by some
examples - but I don't think they demo off-air stuff much.  The 'Which'
consumer mag has covered them recently.

Make your own decision.  The trade needs to sell...

John P