[mythtv-users] Random Hard Frontend Lockups

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Mar 26 20:28:28 UTC 2015

I am running a recent git pull of master on Fedora 20 with a 3.18.9-200
version kernel. The system has been running extremely well for a number
of years.
I am now getting random hard lockups of the front end. The backend
continues to run, and recordings are made as scheduled, But the system
is totally unresponsive. And there are no, I repeat NO error messages
left anywhere. It requires a 'big red switch' reset to recover. Waiting
a few hours is a waste of time: nothing. I cannot determine if a program
has gone rogue or what has happened.

The lockups can occur at any time. I have returned to find, at 7:00 pm
that the frontend main page last updated the time display at 1:34 am, at
which time, nothing was scheduled. It can also happen while searching
through Watch Recordings. Really kills the WAF.

Besides updating the installation, the only recent change has been to
replace the bluetooth keyboard with a new Logitech board+keypad. I
highly doubt that that is the problem, as a lockup has never occurred
while using the keyboard.

Lost for ideas as to what could cause this, Anyone? Anyone?  Bueller?

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury
            Barrister and Solicitor