[mythtv-users] NTSC USB tuners: which ones are out there?

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Thu Mar 26 04:22:55 UTC 2015

Now that I'm partway up and running with my "new and improved MythTV
system," I've realized I made a mistake in purchasing tuner hardware.
Maybe I'll post in greater detail about that later. But for now I just
want to ask what there is out there in the way of functional,
MythTV-compatible, NTSC-capable USB tuners? I've so far run across the
AverMedia Hybrid Volar (H826)--which seems not to be supported under newer
kernels--and the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1950--which seems currently to be
supported but which often gets confused with the WinTV-HVR-1955, which is
not supported.

Can anyone comment on one or other of these USB tuners or their
NTSC-tuning capabilities? Are there other NTSC USB tuners I've overlooked
and that might work as well or better than those? Thanks.