[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup issue: KWorld USB ATSC TV Stick UB435-Q V3

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Wed Mar 25 21:34:50 UTC 2015

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015, Mike Perkins wrote:

> Unless you're running a very old version of myth, setup should offer it as a
> selection for you to pick. You have to choose the right /type/ of tuner, of
> course. Try cycling through the types until something appears.

Thanks for your input, Mike. The MythTV version on this machine is
27-something, so pretty recent. I've tried cycling through available
tuners/inputs, but all (except the HDHR) show a message something like
"Probe failed," so there's nothing to choose from under the device field.
That's why I was thinking I might need top enter that path manually. This
could, again, be an OS-specific issue (Gentoo) I've run up against.