[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup issue: KWorld USB ATSC TV Stick UB435-Q V3

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Mar 25 21:28:36 UTC 2015

On 25/03/15 20:28, James Miller wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Mar 2015, Mike Perkins wrote:
>
>> Have you tried looking uder /dev/dvb/* ? That's where most DVB type tuners go,
>> and I understand that's what ATSC is.
>
> Thanks for your input, Mike. Yes, there is a /dev/dvb directory, and under it
> adapter0 and further, under adapter0, demux0, dvr0, frontend0, and net0. I can,
> of course, enter a path under card set-up in mythtv-setup, but I'm uncertain
> exactly what the path, in this case, might be: just /dev/dvb/adapter0? Any
> further input on that, anyone?
>
> Over at Newegg, under their reviews for this product, I found someone using it
> with MythTV who claims it has to be hooked to a USB 3 port. But someone else
> claims to have gotten his tuner to work without problems on a USB 2 port (see
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/550127/support-for-kworld-ub435-q-v3-tv-stick)

Unless you're running a very old version of myth, setup should offer it as a
selection for you to pick. You have to choose the right /type/ of tuner, of
course. Try cycling through the types until something appears.

All my ports are USB2 and I have had no problems. My motherboard isn't one of
the latest and greatest, however.

--

Mike Perkins