[mythtv-users] USB DVB-T2 tuners

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Wed Mar 25 15:49:45 UTC 2015

I've been using four Hauppauge Nove-T DVB-T sticks for many years, and
they have been rock solid.

I'm now building a new backend and want to go HD.

1) The setup when mixing SD and HD tuners looked tricky (UK Freeview if
it matters) but maybe I should bite the bullet and just do it?
2) I have one Hauppauge PCTV 290e, and went to buy more, but they have
been replaced with the 292e. Is the 290e available anywhere still?
3) I've seen reports on this list regards issues with the 292e and
mythtv. Have these been fixed in the latest 14.04 LTS or should I just
avoid the 292e?
4) Any other USB DVB-T2 tuners that I should look at?
5) Or are any of the quad tuner PCI-e cards worth looking at? I was
one, and did some searching, but people seemed to be having issues.
(Oh, and I only have one PCI-e slot!).

Thanks

Ian