[mythtv-users] PCTV 292e not being detected by mythtv-setup

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Tue Mar 24 21:13:31 UTC 2015

---- On Tue, 24 Mar 2015 20:44:21 +0000 John Pilkington  wrote ----
>On 24/03/15 19:58, Tim Draper wrote:
>> looks like i'm stuck again :(
>>
>> i've updated kernel and i now have 3 /dev/dvb/adapterX/ devices, but not one of them work.
>> the TBS tuner is moaning about missing firmwares in dmesg, and the 292e doesnt seem to find any channels via mythtv or w_scan.
>>
>> What now oh wise ones?
>>

>I'm not sure I recognise myself, but if your 292e shows up in dmesg as a
>'recognised adapter' you might do better within mythtvsetup by starting
>with pre-defined tuning parameters for your transmitter. which you can
>probably find from the net. Then try:
>
>https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10217#comment:15
>
>When I first got my 290e I had almost given up. I left vlc searching
>and apparently making no progress; came back to find it playing...
>
>but 290 != 292
>
>John

something weird is going on; my FC21 laptop is scanning channels fine with w_scan tool
the FC21 server install (mythBE) isnt finding anything. same antenna and 292e stick; just moving between USB ports.

plus side is dmesg appears to be detecting the hardware ok now; i cant see anything obviously different or any errors on mythBE side.

Firmware loads ok (dvb-demod-si2168-02.fw), mythtv-setup sees it as an available card, just no tuning lock now..