[mythtv-users] MythtTV on Gentoo: resources?

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Tue Mar 24 20:16:24 UTC 2015

On Tue, 24 Mar 2015, Hika van den Hoven wrote:

> Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 8:25:20 PM, you wrote:
>
>> Hoi James,
>
>> As long as the user is created and has sufficient rights. I believe
>> there is an sql script included to setup the database. I'll check.
>
> look at /usr/share/mythtv/database/mc.sql

Thanks for your input, Hika. I'm pretty much totally in the dark when it
comes to databases. Could you offer any further pointers on what is to be
done with /usr/share/mythtv/database/mc.sql? I looked at the content of
that file on my old MythTV system but did not understand much about it. I
also found https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Initial_Installation
which had some further information but looks a bit dated.