[mythtv-users] python

Yianni yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 23 11:28:18 UTC 2015

> Earlier in this thread Hika suggested checking config.xml. I think the
> LocalHostName there should be the same as the one defined in the
> frontend setup, General, page 2. It is for me, and that part of
> mythburn.py works as is; FE/BE boxes, master, sl7 and ubuntu trusty.
> But you may well have more complex storage structures; I'm surrounded
> by piles of myth DVDs...

The value of LocalHostName is correct, but I was still getting the errors until edited the python scripts.

I specifically added the LocalHostname value when between opensuse updates the uname -n command started showing the fqdn.

I think it's the second time I'm using mytharchive, both times asked by friends to provide dvds of shows they missed. The first time was in 2009ish if I remember correctly...
One of the main reasons i use mythtv is I don't trust disks (or my kids...)

Regards,

Yianni