[mythtv-users] python

Yianni yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 23 09:14:05 UTC 2015

> Hi
> if anybody has walked this road and has any advice then please …
> I’m trying to build a dvd on my suse backend machine.
> After finding a few python modules I got stuck. Clearly python cannot access the DB
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 5298, in <module>
> main()
> File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 5165, in main
> defaultsettings = getDefaultParametersFromMythTVDB()
> File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 883, in getDefaultParametersFromMythTVDB
> cursor.execute(sqlstatement, configHostname)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/_conn_mysqldb.py", line 71, in execute
> raise MythDBError(MythDBError.DB_RAW, e.args)
> MythTV.exceptions.MythDBError: MySQL error: not all arguments converted during string formatting
>
> Thanks anyone
> James

Hi, James,

I am in the same suse boat as you with mythtv master installed.

I came across your post when I was googling for "not all arguments... " + mythtv

I investigated a bit further and in /usr/[local/]share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py

I changed
line 849 from
 OR (hostname=%s AND value IN(

 OR (hostname='storage' AND value IN(

('storage' is the host's name)

and
line 883 from

    cursor.execute(sqlstatement, configHostname)

    cursor.execute(sqlstatement)

With these changes the script executes manually:
python /usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py -j /tmp/config/mydata.xml -l /tmp/logs/aaprogress.log

but chokes further down.

I solved the latter by applying the patch in:
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12260
and I just finished my first archiving successfully...

I know it's not a proper solution but maybe a willing developer with a kind soul comes across this thread and decides to help...