[mythtv-users] Question about mythlcdserver

Nicolas Krzywinski myth at site7even.de
Sun Mar 22 22:14:02 UTC 2015

Am 2015-03-11 13:00, schrieb mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org:
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 07:40:54 +1100
> From: Mike Holden <mikeholden99+mythtv at gmail.com>
> To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Question about mythlcdserver
>
> On 11 March 2015 at 03:05, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
>
>> mythlcdserver seems to be starting too soon.  The startup scriptsfor
>> Mythbuntu will be maintained by the Mythbuntu developer(s)responsible
>> for that package.  You may want to file a bug report.
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bugs
>

> On my system (fedora), mythlcdserver is started by mythfrontend, notby
> some external script. That way, it doesn't start too early.
This seems to be the case on my system as well, but there is nothing in
the mythfrontend start script, so it has to be within the
mythfrontend.real binary code?
Additionally I am using mythwelcome and this seems to start mythlcdserver
as well, as it is running at that point already.

I "solved" (better: workarounded) the issue with the following script,
called from within mythfrontend starter script:
#!/bin/bash

# Check port of mythlcdserver
foo=`netstat -l --tcp | grep 6545`
ret=$?

if [ $ret = 0 ]
	then echo "Everything fine."
else
	# Wait for lcd symlink
	for i in `seq 1 120` ; do
		echo "`date +'%FT%T.%N%:z'` - manage-lcd loop $i"

		if [ -h /dev/lcd-imon ]
			then break
		else
			sleep .5
		fi
	done

	# Restart mythlcdserver
	killall mythlcdserver
	mythlcdserver > /var/log/mythtv/mythlcdserver-manual.log &
fi

As I don't know whether the loop is needed, it works like that.

The way, mythlcdserver is called, is at least ... kind of weird.

Regards,
Nicolas