[mythtv-users] PCTV 292e not being detected by mythtv-setup

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Thu Mar 19 15:03:03 UTC 2015

---- On Thu, 19 Mar 2015 12:30:19 +0000 Andre Newman<mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote ----

 > On 19 Mar 2015, at 13:03, Tim Draper <veehexx at zoho.com> wrote:
 >
 > > I've just bought a 292e tuner, and am struggling to get it detected by mythtv.
 > >
 > > I'm on fedora server 21 (3.18.9-200.fc21.x86_64), em28xx shows in 'lsmod', and when i plug the device in, dmesg shows the correct 292e info.
 > > What i have noticed is that when the 292e shows in dmesg, then no /dev/dvb/adapter is assigned to it - i presume this is why i cant get it working.
 > >
 > > Looking at http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/PCTV_Systems_tripleStick_T2_%28292e%29, then no firmware is seemingly required, but i've seen threads online that i do need firmware.
 > >
 > > How have you other 292e users got this running?
 >
 > I’m on Ubuntu 14.04.2 with kernel 3.16.0 I definitely needed firmware: dvb-demod-si2168-02.fw
 >
 > I didn’t get a /dev/dvb/ node until I got the firmware and re-plugged the adaptor.
 >
 > I followed some instructions on Antti’s blog "Naked Hardware” to get the firmware but I can’t find them right now to link to, sorry.
 >
 > Andre

i found http://blog.palosaari.fi/2014/04/naked-hardware-15-pctv-triplestick-292e.html, but even after putting the .fw files into the firmware dir and a reboot, still no /dev/dvb/ adapter appears for the 292e.
my TBS-6981 sat card is getting an adapter assigned and mythtv is happy so definately something specific i'm missing..