[mythtv-users] Frontend services API question

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 18:59:49 UTC 2015

Hoi Phil,

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 1:17 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 03/18/2015 11:57 AM, Phil Bridges wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to dabble with the Frontend services API, and it doesn't appear
>>> to being working as I expected.  This morning, I retreived
>>> "mythbackend:6547/Frontend/GetStatus", and it showed me information on
>>> the
>>> recording being watched:

>>> Now, though, whenever I retrieve the xml document, it still has the same
>>> data (although the frontend is idling on the home page).
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I see the same with Firefox.
>>
>> Try it with curl (I thing you're getting cached information.):
>>
>>     curl <BE>:6547/Frontend/GetStatus|sed 's/></>\n</g'
>>
>> The sed is just to make it easier to read.
>>

> Thanks.  That did it.  Ifind it a little odd, though, that the Chrome REST
> tools keep seeing the cached data.

I have the same with the popups in the mythweb guide data. If I want
to see fresh info after a mythfilldatabase run, I have to clear the
browser cache. Possibly there is some kind of signal the browser
checks on wether it can use the cache. A signal that mythweb doesn't
give.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven