[mythtv-users] Suddenly 0byte recordings (solved)

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Mon Mar 16 13:17:30 UTC 2015

This may help somebody:

I was using haupauge USB dual card
I switched to a Leadtek USB2.0 DTV Dongle Dual DVB-T

The failed recordings have completely ceased
The squark and pixelated recordings have dropped by 90%

The signal strength and signal-to-noise numbers are artifacts of the card, not more than quasi random numbers.

The leadtek worked out the box, I had to find firmware for the haupauge.

Are my issues related to firmware? to driver issues? will they be solved? dunno!

James