[mythtv-users] Open Radeon drivers with cloned displays, or proprietary drivers with Mythtv?

plainface boy plainfaceboy at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 6 14:47:40 UTC 2015

Just a quick message in reply to myself, as after some messing about I found a quick fix for this issue, so though it might be helpful for someone else.
I now have the latest proprietary radeon drivers installed (HD7750 card) ,using a method which is actually the same as;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj0oND69is0
Working on ubuntu 14.04 fine - cloned screens, matching resolutions and overscan issues all resolved.
Performance much better than open drivers, especially on 3D/games etc...
Ended up on mythtv 0.28, and fixed the menus issue by overriding the Themepainter at startup using the frontend and backend options -O themepainter=qt.
Qt works fine, so was I then able to change settings permanently
Everything back to normal, and working fine!