[mythtv-users] Assigning Tuner Devices to Profiles???

John Moore (CompuCom Systems Inc) v-johmo at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 5 16:31:26 UTC 2015

From: mythtv-users [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Dan Wilga
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2015 8:15 AM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Assigning Tuner Devices to Profiles???

On 3/5/15 10:54 AM, John Moore (CompuCom Systems Inc) wrote:
> Something else I would like to see of MythTV.  More parental controls.   Ability to block devices as a specific time.  An Rating Control so things like Living Room TV could only watch Rated PG an better at certain time, leaving rated R stuff for when younger kids go to bed.
While I agree that more control would be ideal, the workaround we use is multiple recording groups, each with its own PIN. There's one that holds the kids' stuff, which has no PIN; another for stuff that the kids can watch, but we don't want them to without us around; and another for stuff they should never watch.