[mythtv-users] Need tuner trade-off information with Comcast service

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 21:01:39 UTC 2015

I currently have two Hauppauge PVR-500 dual-tuner cards in my system
and record SD which is fine because I have (not yet, anyway) needed to
upgrade from my trusty old CRT TV.

Recently, Comcast has raised the levy charged for the necessary four
DTAs connected to the tuners.

I see that NewEgg will be offering the Ceton InfiniTV 6 tuner card at
a reduced rate later today and I had been thinking of picking one up.

I'm wondering what costs (besides time and aggravation with customer
support) there will be with the CableCARD from Comcast -- is there a
one-time fee for the card? a monthly rental charge? something else?

TIA for any advice.

--
Craig.