[mythtv-users] Suddenly 0byte recordings

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 20:23:57 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 2:41 AM, James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
> I would think ‘OK the dongle is broken’ except other channels *do* record and restarting backend ‘fixes’ the issue.

Just to clarify, do other channels, using the same cardid (1)
record after the failure?  Or does once the cardid fail, it stays
failed, but only for the Science Channel?

And what usb dongle is this exactly?  I do not recall any
dual ones other than hybrid analog+digital (which are not
exactly dual)

If this is one of the hybrid analog+digital devices, have
you configured the inputgroups so prevent use of the
(shared) tuner at the same time?

I would not be surprised that there are additional
issues (I know of one during initialization) with the
hybrid usb dongles that internally share various
components, and take time to transition from one
type to the other.  The best advice was usually
to dedicate any particular device to either analog
or digital (it avoided the sharing challenges).  Yes,
it should all get fixed.  I am sure the usual answer
applies.