[mythtv-users] lossless_cut issue with UK HD recordings

Grzegorz Sikorski sikorski.grzegorz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 23:25:39 UTC 2015

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your comments, they were very useful.

I started with Paul's approach (thanks for good instructions).
Unfortunately, my ~5GB full HD movie on my backend machine takes more than
10 hours to transcode. Assuming the result will be fine tomorrow, it is
unacceptable to treat every single recording this way...

Fortunately, John's way also works and since it does not need to transcode,
it works almost immediately. However it took me reasonable time to tune the
script and its dependencies to my system. I think I eventually modify
MythDVBcut script not to replace original recording, but move the mpg file
to other location and create user's job for this.

Thanks for that again!
Greg