[mythtv-users] Can't get lirc or irw to work, but mode2 works

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 18:57:41 UTC 2015

On Jun 28, 2015 1:51 PM, "Jerry Rubinow" <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 28, 2015 13:36, "Alec Leamas" <leamas.alec at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 28/06/15 15:54, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> >

> >> Nick, it looks like 3.16, what I've been running, has that patch
> >> integrated into the kernel driver.  I tried a clean Ubuntu 15.04
install
> >> and the problem is there as well.  Unfortunately the bios doesn't let
me
> >> disable xHCI.    I think it may be time to visit newegg for a new ir
> >> receiver.
> >

> > TBH, I havn't read the complete thread. That said, I understand your
situation as if the kernel decoding route is at a dead end for you (?).

> > Note, the alternative is to let lirc decode the raw timing data. I know
this has been mentioned before, but perhaps you missed this opportunity?

> > Obviously, the existing config files doesn't work for you. One option
would be to use irrecord to create a new config file after setting the
protocol to 'lirc' and re-checking that mode2 still works as expected.
Might work, dunno, but given that mode2 is OK for you I think you have a
fair chance.

> > Cheers!
> >
> > --alec
>
> Alec, that's probably worth trying, I'll try irrecord.  However, my
expectation is that the bits coming out of the driver will be faulty due to
something in the USB 3/xHCI implementation.

> I'll try that tonight.

I wonder if a running lircd is interfering with the kernel decoding, since
all protocols are enabled ? Try stopping lircd.