[mythtv-users] Backend changes to support Android streaming

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 16:04:08 UTC 2015

On Jun 27, 2015 8:56 AM, "Michelle Dupuis" <mdupuis at ocg.ca> wrote:

> I've started to play with Android apps for my myth .27 backend.  They all
look nice, but there are problems with audio in the streams.

> I've tried a variety of apps, and a variety of video players on the
android device (and mythling looks like it has the most promise, imho).

> The problem is that when playing raw streams I don't get any audio.  When
playing HLS transcoded streams (on the fly) I get audio but cant FF/RW.

> These are tradeoffs I can't live with.  Does anyone know of a settings
change on the BE that will allow audio for streams?  (I recording entirely
from HDPVR input).

I like MX Player on Android. It needs an external codec pack for AC-3
(Google it). This may be why you don't have sound on raw streams.

Have you tried MythTV Player for Android? I could seek in it.