[mythtv-users] New Stable Release mythtv 0.27.5

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Tue Jun 23 21:27:49 UTC 2015

On 23/06/15 22:00, Mark Perkins wrote:

>> On 24 Jun 2015, at 2:43 am, "Peter Bennett (cats22)" <cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> I see on the mythtv wiki that there is a new release as of June 16. I
>> have not tried it yet - just mentioning it here in case people did not
>> see it.
>>
>> Peter
>
> I'm interested to know what the changes are that the dev's decided to go with another point release? I had assumed (all other things being equal) that the next major release would be 0.28. There has been a little bit of chat about it at times and (for whatever reason) it felt like it was getting 'close'.

The main reason was people were repeatedly reporting issues
(primarily 100% cpu loads on frontend or backend) which were
fixed in fixes/0.27, but not in 0.27.4.

So the rollup was to collect fixes for these issues for those
who only run a "released" version

tbh, i'm more of the opinion that while we are still working
on 0.28, we keep doing a point release every now and again
to collect backported fixes

Regards
Stuart Auchterlonie