[mythtv-users] Help with documentation

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 22 13:56:53 UTC 2015

On 06/21/2015 06:01 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
> Are there any users who would be willing to help bring our
> documentation up to date?
>
> Developers are in general very  bad at documentation which is why we
> really need some help from someone who has the aptitude for this sort
> of thing to help us maintain it. It could be one individual or like
> the translation teams it could be a group of people working together
> which seems to work well at least for the translations.
>
> The main documentation is now in the wiki here
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV-HOWTO but it is a little out of
> date. We are also thinking of the idea to add some context help within
> Myth using the built in web browser widget so for each screen we would
> need some help text detailing what the screen does and what options
> are available etc.
>
> Paul H.
Hi Paul

I am a developer myself and I have done my own documentation. I can help
out and I am also interested in getting involved in some development
work on mythtv. See an example of my projects and documentation at
http://jampal.sf.net and http://pbackup.sf.net/

We can discuss how to proceed. Let me know if you are interested.

Peter